As a small business owner, it’s essential to constantly be networking and building relationships to help grow your business. Here are five new year’s resolutions that can help you stay on track with your networking goals:
- Attend at least one networking event per month. Whether it’s a local chamber of commerce meeting or a Zoom networking happy hour, make it a priority to get out and meet new people on a regular basis.
- Follow up with new contacts within 24 hours. After you meet someone new, make a habit of sending a quick email or LinkedIn message thanking them for their time and reiterating your value proposition.
- Join a professional organization or industry group. By getting involved with a group of like-minded professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to make valuable connections and stay up-to-date on industry trends.
- Host your own networking event. Consider setting up a small breakfast gathering or an after-work cocktail hour. Hosting your own event is a great way to control the guest list and create meaningful connections with your target audience.
- Set aside dedicated time for networking. Block off time on your calendar each week specifically for networking activities, whether it’s meeting with a new contact or following up with someone you met at a previous event. Making networking a priority will make you more likely to stay on track and achieve your goals.
Follow these resolutions, and you’ll be well on your way to building a solid network of connections that can help your business thrive. Remember: Always be genuine and authentic when networking, and don’t be afraid to ask for introductions or advice from your connections. Building relationships takes time, but the benefits are well worth the effort.